Quiche must be one among my all-time favourite dishes to whip up after I’m craving one thing Quiche must be one among my all-time favourite dishes to whip up after I’m craving one thing savory and filling for breakfast. There’s one thing a few buttery pastry crust paired with tacky whipped eggs that’s so satisfying. This is true whether or not or not it’s a lazy Sunday morning or reheated on a busy weeknight!
This previous weekend I had some additional time and made a double batch of this tremendous easy and straightforward asparagus quiche. I like to make one or two on the weekend and fill it with veggies from the fridge for a easy breakfast choice all through the week. It’s additionally a wonderful option to pack in some protein for the vegetarian keto crowd. I occurred to have some lovely leftover farmer’s market asparagus that labored so effectively with the additional shallot and a few gruyere that I had been slicing up with keto crackers. I used a number of the cheese as chunks for the filling of the quiche and the leftover grated proper into the crust!
A few methods I’ve discovered when making this quiche is at all times to chill the dough. Once you’ve blended the butter and egg, it’s simpler to work with the combination after it’s had an opportunity to relax within the fridge. If not, the fat soften with the warmth out of your fingers, and also you’ll have a tougher time urgent it into the pie pan. It’s additionally useful to sauté the veggies earlier than you add them to the quiche. A sturdy vegetable like asparagus or broccoli could not get tender sufficient within the oven, after which you find yourself with robust veggies or a burnt crust!
I can’t wait to experiment with extra styles of cheese, and my subsequent farmer’s market veggie discover!
Yields 6 servings of Asparagus and Gruyere Keto Quiche
For the Crust
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- half of teaspoon xanthan gum
- half of cup grated gruyere
- 1/Four cup butter
- 1 massive egg white
For the Filling
- Four massive eggs
- 1 massive egg yolk
- Eight ounces heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces gruyere, cubed
- 1 medium shallot
- 10 medium asparagus stalks
1. Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, and shredded cheese in a big bowl and blend effectively to mix.
2. Incorporate the butter into the flour combination utilizing a fork or pastry cutter.
3. Add the egg white to the combination, reserving the yolk for the filling, and blend to kind one massive dough ball. Place within the fridge for 30 minutes to relax.
4. Preheat your oven to 350F. Press the chilled dough right into a pie pan, going to the periphery and up the perimeters. This half doesn’t must be good.
5. Bake the crust for 10 minutes at 350F. Set apart to chill.
6. Create the filling by whisking the eggs and the remaining egg yolk with heavy cream and salt.
7. Sautee the asparagus and sliced shallot simply till the onion is translucent and the asparagus begins to melt.
8. Place the cubed gruyere within the backside of the cooled quiche crust.
9. Top the cheese with the onion and asparagus.
10. Pour the egg combination into the quiche crust and bake at 350F for 45-60 minutes or till it’s fully set and barely browning. Slice and serve!
This makes a complete of 6 servings of Asparagus and Gruyere Keto Quiche. Each serving comes out to be 520 Calories, 46.39g Fat, 4.82g Net Carbs, and 21.17g Protein.
|Asparagus and Gruyere Keto Quiche||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 cup almond flour||640||56||24||12||12||24|
|2 tablespoons coconut flour||50||3||8||6||2||2|
|half of teaspoon xanthan gum||0||0||1||1||0||0|
|half of cup grated gruyere||223||17.46||0.19||0||0.19||16.1|
|1/Four cup butter||407||46.03||0.03||0||0.03||0.48|
|5 massive eggs||358||23.77||1.8||0||1.8||31.4|
|Eight ounces heavy cream||811||86.01||6.77||0||6.77||6.77|
|5 ounces gruyere, cubed||585||45.84||0.51||0||0.51||42.26|
|2 tablespoons minced shallot||14||0.02||3.36||0.6||2.76||0.5|
|10 medium asparagus spear||32||0.19||6.21||3.4||2.81||3.52|