I know you’ve been asking for a mug cake that does not use almond flour, and I think you will find that this recipe really fits the bill! The cake is dense, but moist, and so easy to create.
In the directions, we tell you to mix the ingredients in a separate bowl. This is so that the ingredients are fully incorporated and you won’t hit any spots of dry cake mix while eating your mug. If you prefer to mix everything in the mug you can, of course, do that too!
If you don’t want to use butter, you can substitute melted coconut oil. You can also use regular powdered erythritol instead of Swerve if you wish. Erythritol can be purchased pre-ground or you can powder it yourself in a coffee or spice grinder.
Yields 2 servings of Coconut Flour Chocolate Keto Mug Cake
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Swerve confectioners
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
1. In a bowl mix together the coconut flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, Swerve confectioners, and baking powder.
2. Add the two large eggs, melted butter, and almond milk to the dry ingredients. Mix together.
3. Add the cake batter to a greased coffee mug. You’ll need one that holds at least 12 ounces.
4. Cook the mug in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Cooking time may vary with your microwave. Usually, I know it’s done when the cake starts puffing up over the top of the mug.
5. Remove the finished cake from the mug and slice in half to serve.
This makes a total of 2 servings of Coconut Flour Chocolate Keto Mug Cake. Each serving comes out to be 219 Calories, 19.06g Fats, 2.95g Net Carbs, and 7.23g Protein.
|Coconut Flour Chocolate Keto Mug Cake||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 tablespoons coconut flour||50||3||8||6||2||2|
|2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder||25||1.48||6.25||4||2.25||2.12|
|2 tablespoons Swerve confectioners||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|¼ teaspoon baking powder||1||0||0.32||0||0.32||0|
|2 large eggs||143||9.51||0.72||0||0.72||9.51|
|2 tablespoons melted butter||204||23.04||0.02||0||0.02||0.24|
|2 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk||15||1.1||0.58||0||0.58||0.59|