There are so many diets out there that require cutting back the amount that you consume it can be easy to forget that the Keto diet is not about that. The Keto diet is about feeling good and having lots of energy. That also means that you can eat as much as your body needs without worry.
When you cook up a meal, it should satisfy you, and there are plenty of great dishes that can take you there. Throwing a beef roast on will feed you and your family and supply you with enough energy that you won’t need to snack.
The easy slow cooker Keto pot roast recipe below is a great mid-week dinner. It won’t take up too much time in your day and supply you with a hearty meal to finish off the work week.
Choosing a Cut of Beef for Your Roast
If you are not a butcher or grew up on a farm then knowing what kind of beef is best for roasting can be an overwhelming experience. Honestly, the best way to figure it out is to try many cuts and see what your preference is. Also, talking with your local butcher can help, as they can let you know what to choose based on your preferences.
Here is a quick cheat-sheet of the most popular cuts to look out for:
- Chuck – Most popular for pot roast. Lean and ideal for slow cooking.
- Eye of Round – Appealing to look at, but tougher cut. Great slow cooked.
- Rib Roast – Also with its own variations it can be expensive, but quality meat.
- Top Round – A very tender and flavorful roast that can be prepared anyway.
- Rump Roast – Another tougher cut, rump roasts are ideal for slow cooking.
- Sirloin Tip Roast – A lean flavorful cut best for braising and stewing.
Turning on That Beloved Slow Cooker
It can be such a pain to set aside time each evening to prepare a meal. That’s why it is nice to plan ahead and give yourself a break once and a while.
Though this recipe gives you exact times, they are more like estimations. All slow cookers are built a little differently, and it is good to understand all of your equipment’s abilities and quirks. The other thing about slow cooking is it can be easy to forget. It is always a good idea to have a look at how everything is going in there and make sure you don’t have a disaster on your hands.
The slow cooker makes this pot roast tender and juicy.
- 3 lb (1.3 Kg) beef roast
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups (960 ml) beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Place everything into the slow cooker and cook for 8 hours until the beef is tender.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g.
- Calories: 468
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 36 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 29 g