This spicy chicken soup is wonderfully hearty and so easy to create. Chicken, butter, and spices are simmered in the Instant Pot then thickened up with cream, xanthan gum, and cheese. If you don’t have an Instant Pot you can also cook in a slow cooker for 4-6 hours.
This soup smells amazing! I always get compliments from other people in the house when I create it. I think you’ll like this if you enjoy our King Ranch Chicken Casserole, but don’t have a lot of time to create the low-carb tortillas.
This is great served with sour cream, cilantro, and extra cheese!
Yields 8 (1-cup) servings of Instant Pot King Ranch Chicken Soup
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2.5 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 medium jalapeno, diced with seeds removed
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons xanthan gum
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Chopped cilantro, to taste
1. Turn the Instant Pot on to the low saute setting. Melt the butter.
2. Whisk in the coconut flour and cook for a few minutes.
3. Stir in the chicken broth. Add chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
4. Place the chicken breasts into the slow cooker.
5. Add the green chilies and jalapeno.
6. Seal the Instant Pot then pressure cook for 15 minutes. Once it’s done do a manual release.
7. Stir in the heavy whipping cream and xanthan gum, then mix in the cheese.
8. Serve with chopped cilantro and additional cheese if desired.
This makes a total of 8 (1-cup) servings of Instant Pot King Ranch Chicken Soup. Each serving comes out to be 463.13 Calories, 29.84g Fats, 4.62g Net Carbs, and 41.22g Protein.
|Instant Pot King Ranch Chicken Soup||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|8 tablespoons butter||815||92.14||0.07||0||0.07||0.97|
|½ cup coconut flour||60||2||8||5||3||2|
|4 cups chicken broth||60||2.09||4.38||0||4.38||6.37|
|4 teaspoons chili powder||90||4.57||15.9||11.1||4.8||4.31|
|1 tablespoon ground cumin||22||1.34||2.65||0.6||2.05||1.07|
|1 tablespoon garlic powder||32||0.07||7.05||0.9||6.15||1.61|
|1 teaspoon salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2.5 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts||1360||29.69||0||0||0||255|
|1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies||55||0||11||2.2||8.8||2.2|
|1 medium jalapeno||4||0.05||0.91||0.4||0.51||0.13|
|½ cup heavy whipping cream||405||42.94||3.26||0||3.26||3.38|
|2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese||802||63.86||3.92||0||3.92||52.73|
|Per 1-cup serving(/8)||463.13||29.84||7.14||2.53||4.62||41.22|