Want a creamy nutritious smoothie that’s keto-friendly? Look no further than this Keto avocado apple coconut smoothie recipe.
Many smoothies are full of high carb fruits and veggies, which are a no-no if you don’t want to fall out of ketosis. But with creamy coconut, rich avocado, and tart apple, you won’t miss the carbs in this flavor-packed smoothie.
Keto Smoothie Boosters
Here are 2 of our favorite additions to Keto smoothies:
1. Collagen powder
Collagen powder packs a protein punch which guarantees this smoothie won’t leave you hungry. Collagen powder has also been linked to numerous health benefits, particularly joint health.
2. MCT oil
MCT stands for medium-chain triglyceride, which is a type of fatty acid. In contrast to long-held beliefs that fats, especially saturated fats, are universally bad for you, the latest research suggests that MCTs are actually a very good energy booster.
6 Tips For Loving Avocados
Avocados are a staple of the keto diet, but they can be intimidating to select and prepare. Here are a few tips to make the process a little easier.
- Color can be deceptive. You can tell when an avocado is ripe by pressing on it gently. It should be firm, with a little give under your finger, like a beach ball.
- To remove the pit, take your halved avocado. Place your knife carefully on top of the pit and tap firmly to lodge the knife in the pit. Then twist gently and the pit will come loose.
- Always use a chef’s knife to remove the pit. A big knife is much safer than a smaller
- You can hold your halved avocado with a kitchen towel to minimize mess and slippage.
- Try dicing your halved avocado while it is still in the peel! Simply cut gently through the flesh without piercing the skin. You can then scoop out your cut avocado with a large kitchen spoon.
- To slow down the process of browning, you can toss your avocado in oil or citrus juice.
Customizing This Keto Smoothie Recipe
This avocado Keto smoothie recipe is delicious, but you can also change it up to make it your own. Here are some suggestions:
- Toast the coconut for a little-added flavor.
- Add a spoonful of almond butter, cashew butter, or tahini paste for more creaminess.
- Add a kick with ½ teaspoon ginger.
- Switch it up with a Keto smoothie bowl! Add a handful of berries on top, some nuts for crunch, and eat with a spoon.
With so many options, you can have a different low carb, Ketogenic smoothie every day and never get bored! It’s great for a super fast Keto breakfast or as an afternoon or after workout snack.
Start your morning right with this delicious smoothie.
- 1 large ripe avocado, destoned
- 2 slices of apple
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (unsweetened, from a carton)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon (10 g) collagen powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) MCT oil
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) unsweetened shredded coconut, for garnish
- Blend everything together really well. Garnish with shredded coconut.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 3 g
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 19 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 7 g