What’s better than a little chicken teriyaki? This is an easy, homemade, and keto chicken teriyaki. You’ll find this recipe is so easy and great to freeze for later or pack up for lunches work.
For this casserole, I used store-bought riced cauliflower. If they ran out, as they tend to do, you can easily shred a head of cauliflower using a food processor or cheese grater.
I’ve found that xanthan gum works best when you make a slurry with oil…mixing ¼ tsp of xanthan gum with ¼ cup of oil and then pouring it into the soy sauce base. Easy!
Yields 6 servings of Keto Chicken Teriyaki Casserole
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ⅔ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 medium boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 head cauliflower, grated
- ¼ cup carrots, chopped
- ½ cup broccoli florets
1. In a bowl mix together the ginger, garlic, and rice wine vinegar until the ginger dissolves.
2. Pour in the water and soy sauce.
3. Whisk together the xanthan gum and olive oil. Add the slurry to the teriyaki sauce. The sauce should thicken to the consistency of pudding.
4. Add the chicken, broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower into a casserole dish.
5. Mix in the teriyaki sauce.
6. Cover and bake for 1 hour at 350°F.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Chicken Teriyaki. Each serving comes out to be 304.33 Calories, 15.62g Fats, 4.9g Net Carbs, and 33.74g Protein.
|Keto Chicken Teriyaki Casserole||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 teaspoon ground ginger||6||0.08||1.29||0.3||0.99||0.16|
|1 teaspoon minced garlic||4||0.01||0.93||0.1||0.83||0.18|
|1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2/3 cup soy sauce||89||0.96||8.3||1.3||7||13.7|
|¼ teaspoon xanthan gum||0||0||0.5||0.5||0||0|
|¼ cup olive oil||477||54||0||0||0||0|
|6 medium chicken thighs||1080||36.83||0||0||0||175.76|
|1 head cauliflower||147||1.65||29.22||11.8||17.42||11.29|
|¼ cup carrots||13||0.08||3.07||0.9||2.17||0.3|
|½ cup broccoli florets||10||0.12||1.8||0.8||1||1.06|