Casserole? Yes please. This keto creamy hen and eggplant casserole recipe will make your style buds dance with delight.
About that Eggplant…
This distinctive purple plant could have turned you off as a child. But that shouldn’t deter you perpetually.
Everyone’s tastes change as they age, and it’s fairly attainable the eggplant you despised as a youth can be a nice addition to your grown up repertoire of meals.
Not to say, it’s all in regards to the preparation. This savory casserole surrounds cubed eggplant with a garlicky, creamy hen combination.
When requested, most haters complain that eggplant tastes bitter. Poor eggplant will get a nasty rap for this, however there are a few issues you are able to do to extend your odds for a tasty consequence.
First, select eggplant that’s on the small facet. If they develop too massive they’ll get robust and bitter.
Second, don’t eat it uncooked, or evenly cooked. You’re simply asking for bitter nastiness should you do this. Cooking it slowly, as you’ll for this recipe, will carry out the most effective in it.
At its greatest, eggplant doesn’t have a very sturdy taste. It additionally doesn’t have lots of carbs, which makes it a superb selection to incorporate in keto casseroles.
Even should you’re skeptical, I urge you to present it a shot. You may even reduce the quantity of eggplant in half the primary time you make it.
How This Varies from Traditional Casserole
While the spirit of casserole is robust on this dish, lots of the common suspects (when it comes to substances) will not be current.
It is completely devoid of dairy by design, so I needed to change any milk, cream, and cheese that may ordinarily be there with one thing else.
I used a trusty can of coconut milk to attain this purpose, with nice success. Make positive yours doesn’t have added sugar so that you don’t defeat the aim of this keto dish.
I did the sautéing with coconut oil, which can be new to you. If you continue to have canola or vegetable oil hanging round, please do your self a favor and do away with it.
Finally, I packed in some further veggies and further vitamin within the type of eggplant, tomatoes, and spinach.
This dairy free casserole is creamy and scrumptious.
- 4 Tablespoons (60 ml) coconut oil, to prepare dinner with
- three hen breasts, diced
- 1 eggplant (500 g), cubed
- Four cloves of garlic, minced
- eight cherry tomatoes, diced small
- 2 cups of spinach (60 g), chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of Italian seasoning
- 1/Four cup of contemporary parsley, chopped
- 1 can of coconut milk (400 ml)
- Salt and pepper, to style
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- In a big pan, soften the coconut oil over medium-high warmth. Add the hen, eggplant, garlic, cherry tomatoes, and spinach. Sauté till the hen is cooked and the greens are mushy.
- Add the Italian seasoning, parsley, coconut milk, and season with salt and pepper to style.
- Pour combination right into a greased baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
All dietary knowledge are estimated and primarily based on per serving quantities.
Net Carbs: 7 g
- Calories: 661
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 52 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 39 g