Casseroles get a foul rap. They’re bland. They’re boring. They’re filled with salt and carbs. Not anymore! This Keto jalapeno hen casserole proves that it’s attainable to make a creamy casserole that isn’t heavy or carb-laden. You gained’t uncover potatoes or pasta proper right here. It’s all hen all the best way by which. Joining the hen is an assortment of greens in a supporting operate from broccoli to bell peppers. To add a kick of spice, there’s diched jalapenos, a spoonful of scorching sauce and a healthful serving to of garlic. Rounding out the stable of characters and bringing each half collectively is a creamy coconut milk sauce. So, while you nonetheless suppose casseroles are bland, I’ve three phrases for you: time to model!
Hot or Not: Finding the Right Hot Sauce
Not all scorching sauce is created equal! Just like peppers, completely totally different scorching sauces have completely totally different ranges of heat. Read on to be taught the best way scorching completely totally different scorching sauces are and the best way they stack up.
Spiciness is normally measured in Scoville Heat Unite (SHU) which get their determine from scientist Dr. William Scoville. For occasion, a jalapeno pepper is normally between 2500-5000 SHU.
According to this infographic, here is a short report of ordinary scorching sauces ranked from most spicy to least spicy.
- Tabasco (3750 SHU)
- Cholula (3600 SHU)
- Siracha (2200 SHU)
- Frank’s (450 SHU)
Of course, spiciness is a subjective experience too. I like spicy meals nevertheless my sister barely locations black pepper on her meals quite a bit a lot much less scorching sauce!
Jalapeno Three Ways: Playing with Flavor Profiles
Jalapeno will not appear to be a versatile style at first look nevertheless in fact, it is a dwelling in fairly a number of completely totally different style profiles. Read on for some idea on strategies to alter the profile of this dish with just a few herbs, spices, and totally different flavorings.
1. Jamaican – Jalapeno and garlic, cloves, cayenne, curry powder, cilantro. Serve with avocado and a squeeze of lime juice for added tropical style!
2. Tex-Mex – Jalapeno and garlic, cumin, black pepper, chili powder, cilantro.
3. Cajun – Jalapeno and paprika, cayenne, onion, garlic, thyme, oregano, black pepper
Spicy jalapenos add pleasure to this casserole
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of coconut oil, to organize dinner with
- 4 hen breasts (1.7 lb), diced
- half head of broccoli, broken into small florets
- 2 medium bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds eradicated and finely diced
- 1 can (400 ml) of coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of scorching sauce (or to model) (non-obligatory)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or finely diced
- 1/4 cup of up to date parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to model
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C).
- In a giant pan, soften the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the hen, broccoli, bell peppers, onion, and jalapeno peppers to the pan. Saute until the hen is cooked by and the greens are snug, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the coconut milk, non-obligatory scorching sauce, garlic, and modern parsley. Season with salt and pepper, to model. Carefully pour the mixture proper right into a baking dish.
- Place the baking dish throughout the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
All dietary info are estimated and based totally on per serving portions.
Net Carbs: 9 g
- Calories: 763
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 57 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 51 g