Do you know what is better than cooking your favorite meal? Cooking a mini version of your favorite meal.
That is what sliders are all about. Somebody said “you know what would make this amazing hamburger even better? Making it itsy bitsy and bite-size.” And, thank goodness that they did, because sliders have been a phenomenon that has taken the country by storm.
So, it is about time that we made Keto sliders. Because, what could be better than a mini version of your favorite meal? A mini Keto version, of course. Besides making some adorable little patties, this recipe also includes a Keto slider bun that is easy to make and better to eat.
A Bit of History of the Slider
Sliders, while most often associated with hamburgers, actually refer to the small bun that could be made with any assortment of ingredients. The honor of creating the slider belongs to the fast food chain White Castle, who served their trademark ‘slyders’ for decades.
Since then, the slider burger has become regular pub fare and can be served as an appetizer, hors-d’oeuvres, or as an entrée. But, we all know them best for being a great sandwich to serve at parties and barbecues.
You Don’t Have to Be a Professional Baker to Make These Buns
Baking can be pretty intimidating. One false step and a whole batch of buns, or a loaf of bread, are instantly garbage. It is a hobby that can be exhilarating for some, but the most daunting of challenges for others.
Thankfully, we made these Keto slider buns foolproof. With only a few simple ingredients and a microwave oven, you can make up a batch of these buns in no time. Honestly, you will be surprised with what you will pull off, and it will make these sliders all the more special for having fresh bread.
A Few Ingredients to Add to Your Sliders
Of course, what would a slider be without some great toppings? You can have all the fun you want here, and make these sliders exactly how you like them. Here are a few of my favorite burger toppings just to get you started:
Bite-sized beef sliders are perfect to grab and go.
For the burger:
- 12 oz (340 g) ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons (28 g) mustard
- A few lettuce leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) coconut oil, to cook with
For the buns:
- Make 4 small thin beef patties with the ground.
- Place avocado oil into a frying pan and fry the burger patties on medium to high heat. Fry for 2 minutes on each side until both sides are well browned (this is around medium in terms of rareness for the patties).
- After the patties are cooked, salt them lightly and place them on a plate to drain.
- Meanwhile, take 2 mugs and divide the bun ingredients between the 2 mugs (i.e., 1/3 cup almond flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 egg, and 2.5 Tablespoons coconut oil in each mug). Mix well.
- Microwave each mug for 90 seconds on high. Wait a few minutes before popping them out of the mug. Slice each bread into 4 slices and use as buns. (Gently fry them for a few seconds on the frying pan without oil for a toasted taste.)
- Serve the sliders with the mustard, lettuce leaves, and pickles.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 1 g.
- Serving Size: 1 slider
- Calories: 553
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 52 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 21 g