One of the best parts about the keto diet is that it encourages you to try new flavors and combinations. With a little bit of resourcefulness and creativity, there are endless possibilities for your palate to explore.
This keto tomato tuna bruschetta recipe opens the doors to some new ways of cooking. It’s not only a unique twist on bruschetta, but is great for you, full of flavor, and could easily become a new family favorite.
A Perfect Choice For Snack Time
The best part about this simple tomato tuna bruschetta recipe is that it makes a great snack at any time. Whether you are feeding the family a healthy afternoon snack or you need something for your guests to nibble on, this bruschetta is sure to disappear fast.
With a high protein and fat content and low carbs, you can feel great about sharing this snack with everyone you love.
Enjoying Italian Cuisine Without All the Carbs
It’s no secret that Italian’s love to cook, and no one leaves a dinner table hungry. Unfortunately, all those heavy pastas and breads are not what we need on a keto diet.
But, it doesn’t mean we need to sacrifice all of the wonderful Italian flavors.
Bruschetta is all about the bread and to make sure you don’t miss out, this recipe will send you to a great keto bread recipe. From there, all of the fresh flavors of Italian cuisine are there to enjoy.
A Recipe With Freedom to Explore
What’s cooking if you can’t have fun? And this keto tomato tuna bruschetta recipe is a great chance to expand your culinary wings. The Italians would put all kinds of unique ingredients together and you should feel inspired to do the same.
Try your hand at these variations:
- add a little (or a lot) of spice to your mix,
- add more herbs,
- add olives,
- make it more salty or tangy,
- substitute salmon for the tuna,
- or even top it off with bacon
The many tastes to explore are perfect for a dish like this keto tomato tuna recipe.
A delicious ketogenic twist on an Italian classic.
- 4 slices of Keto Bread
- 4 Tablespoons (60 ml) of olive oil
- 1 6oz (170 g) can of tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 tomato, de-seeded and finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toast 4 slices of keto bread.
- Spread the olive oil over the slices of toast.
- In a small bowl, mix together the tuna, tomato, lemon juice, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Drizzle with additional olive oil on top, if desired.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts. Net Carbs: 2 g
- Calories: 343
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 30 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 16 g